Re: LILO Problems...

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 12:03:40PM -0600, Harrison, Shawn wrote:
> <ext>
> /dev/sda1 <== New SCSI Disk, Linux filesystem, bootable
> /dev/hda1 <== Old 9GB Disk, hda1 currently holds old copy of filesystem.
> /dev/hda2 <== Windoze partition on old disk, bootable.
>
> I included my lilo.conf below.  I'm sure that I'm either doing something
> dumb, or just not considering an obvious fact.  Any help would be
> appreciated.
> </ext>
What is the device, the BIOS boots from? Is Lilo on the MBR of this device?

You need to tell lilo how the BIOS numbers the drives:

disk=/dev/hda
  bios=0x80    # if BIOS boots from IDE
disk=/dev/sda
  bios=0x81    #

Or

disk=/dev/sda
  bios=0x80    # if BIOS boots from SCSI
disk=/dev/hda
  bios=0x81    #

See /usr/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz, Section "Specifying the geometry" for
details

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *