Running a log analyzer from /etc/cron.daily/apache

Hi,

As the subject suggests, I'm curious about running my logfile analyzer
directly after the logfiles are rotated.  It appears that I do this by
defining the variable APACHE_POST_SCRIPT in /etc/apache.cron.conf

HOWEVER:

Running the analyzer can take a long time!  I use logresolve, then the
analyzer itself.  Sometimes logresolve is slower than hell.

So, my question is this:  if I use an ampersand when I fire off the
analyzer script (ie. `$APACHE_POST_SCRIPT &'), will that allow execution
of the other scripts in /etc/cron.daily to continue as usual?  i don't
want the other scripts to have to wait for the logresolve and the
analyzer to finish.

I know this is a basic question, but I can't find my Bash book and my
brain is way overloaded today :/

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD