Re: debian newbie seeks help

rod peters wrote:

>    Can someone suggest a book for beginners.  Preferably geared toward
> debian.  I though I would be able to figure it out but I think I had
> better get a book.

First off if you haven't checked out the Debian site do so:
http://www.debian.org/
they have documentation there and you can look at archives from the
Debian email lists.

You can read an on line book, "The Debian User's Guide" at:
http://www.linuxpress.com/

Being new to Linux myself I would suggest the book, "Running Linux,"
Welsh and Kaufman.
Another good one is, "A Practical Guide to Linux," Sobell.

Best to you,
Kent