Re: fetchmail/procmail tears mail apart

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> I have a little trouble with fetchmail (hamm, 4.3.9-1), procmail (hamm,
> 3.10.7-6) tearing mails apart.

> I think I tracked it down, when I fetch a mail containing a line with "From"
> in the text,

It is a common phenomenon with mail system, tracing back to a design
mistake in the first email implementations. It should only affect
lines that begin with F, r, o, m, space.

I'm not sure which part of the chain is supposed to escape those
From's, but the -Y switch to procmail seems be connected with
this. Try inserting (or removing it, if it's already there) that and
see if it helps.

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm