Re: GLX extension

Gregory Vandenbrouck <vdb@gnu.org> writes:
| Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display "groumph:0.0".
| Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display "groumph:0.0".
|
| Does someone knows where/if I can add a GLX extension to my X server ?

The best you can currently do is about at the alpha level and isn't
being developed too heavily, at least I haven't heard anything about
it lately. Take a look at:

http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna/XFree86-3D-status.html

It has a summary of all the 3D issues under Linux.

On the commercial side I just saw an announcement in
news:comp.os.linux.announce from MetroLink about their Metro Extreme
3D. It's a full blown OpenGL implementation, with hardware
acceleration for some hardware, that I assume would include the GLX
extensions. I don't known anything further about it, but you can check
their website (http://www.metrolink.com) to see what it's capabilities
are and when it'll be released.

Gary