Re: STTY and CRT

Nidge Jones <ush@nikel.co.uk> writes:

> > (It shouldn't ask if you hadn't changed the files, but due to bugs
> > it does sometimes.)

> Some nice guy on #debian/IRC (remco I think) got me to do a checksum on
> /etc/terminfo/v/vt100 yesterday, and he say the result was the same as his..
> and his work???

Hey, wait a minute .. you said it all works OK if you export TERM=vt100
manually. What is the value of the TERM variable when you *don't* do
that? (I.e. try doing an 'echo $TERM' immediately after having logged
in from your remote box and report the results).

For me, it seems that the problem is with the autodetection of the
terminal type at login What does that on a Debian system (I'm not
using mine right now)? telnetd? login?

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm