GCC In-line assembler (Off topic)

Could someone please tell me how to include in-line assembler routines in
my C programmes and what the procedure is for calling the routines ?

Is it possible to pass arguments to an in-line assembler routine ?  If so,
how is this done ?

Sorry for the off-topic post but I have been searching the web for hours
for this information and cannot find answers anywhere.

References to files that actually show this being done would be very much
appreciated or code snippets in the  reply.

TIA

Ivan.