Re: Changing "reply to" field?

Ed Young <nl7fu@Alaska.debian.org> writes:
| I would like to be able to compose email off-line and have it sent
| automagicaly when I go online. I've got that part figured out, however
| the return-path (see below) is the user and host of my computer at
| home. That user and host isn't visible to any dns systems so if a
| person        wants to reply to me, it will bounce.
|
| How do I change the Return-Path to some valid email address??
|
| I've looked all through /etc/smail/config and read the smail-config
| man page and can't find it.
|
| Although I realize that this isn't a Debian specific issue, I thought
| ya'll might not mind if I asked it here.
|
| If you try to reply to this it will bounce, so either send to the list
| or to
| eyoung@carbon.cudenver.edu.
[snip]

You don't generally want to change Return-Path. But to change, or add,
the "Reply-To" field just add this to your ~/.emacs file:

;; For message mode
(setq message-mode-hook
  '(lambda ()
    (setq message-default-headers "Reply-To: you@someaddress.com\n")
))

That's what I use, or used to use, before I switched to gnus for my
email.

Gary