Re: Plextor PX-412C ? (was: what cd-writer ?)

Alexander Kushnirenko spoke forth with the blessed manuscript:
> Hi,
>
> We are also looking for a good SCSI CDR to buy for our university group.  We
> plan to redistribute experimental data on CDs, so we may burn few CDs a day
> occasionally.  After reading net we decided to go with something like:
> Plextor PX-412C, or Sony 948S, or Yamaha CRW 4260
>
> Are they good?  Would you prefer one to another?

I'd prefer the Yamaha or Plextor.  I think I would have to flip a coin over the
two, as I've used both and have had good luck.

> Will Adaptec 2940UW SCSI card be enough for them?

Just fine provided you have a fast disk to send data to it.

> External vs Internal?  Some people say that overheating is a problem and
> external is a better choice.

I've had no problems with internal units.