Re: xdm

New xdm question:

My box is set up to start xdm automatically.  Can I start linux without
xdm starting?  I would even settle for having it run but not on the
screen.

Reason I care:

I had a video card go bad and I wasn't sure that my new video card could
handle what xdm was going to automatically send it when my computer came
up.  I'm pretty sure that using a root disk and then mounting / to edit
stuff (that was already mentioned on this thread) would work, but it
surprises me that there isn't a more elegant solution.

					-Michael

  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305