Re: DB2 progress

> > Here's what I have so far:
> >
> > I created a /bin/rpm file as follows:
> > #!/bin/sh
> >
> > alien --to-deb -i $2

> rpm2deb for DB2 installations are not a good idea since it does a whole bunch ofstuff at the end like addusers and updates database configuration. Best thing to do would be to install a small redhat partition, install DB2, tar it up, copy the log and untar the db2 and run the commands at the end on debian.

Doesn't alien run the post installation instructions in the rpm?
The hack I'm suggesting makes the db2inst process think it's running rpm, but if alien doesn't perform internal rpm commands, and IBM's put such things into the rpms, I guess that would cause some problems.

Don't see why alien wouldn't do this, though.

Colin.