Re: Entpacken von Dateien im .deb-Format

Hi John,
> for general information, the translation services at alta vista translated =
> the message as:
>
> 	 I know the files in the deb format also in a Windows surface > =
> unpack? And if, how? >   		 =09
Which doesn't quite fit the original meaning... it's just no real babelfish.

> > Kann ich die Dateien im .deb Format auch in einer Windows-Oberfl=E4che
> > entpacken? Und wenn ja, wie?
> I'm just curious as to wether there is a german? language list we could
> direct these kind of query's to.  or wether there is someone German
> speaking who could translate?
I heard about a German Debian mailing list... anyway, the question was
whether one could extract a .deb archive under Windows as well. And if yes,
how.

As far as I know, the answer is no, except one has the Cygnus/GNU tools
available as there might be an "ar" included.

Bye, Tino.

PS: I am German, so I could help out occasionally if neccessary.