Re: configuring X

On 21 Jan 1999q, Brian Morgan wrote:
> I'm trying to get X up and running on a laptop, but I don't know the specs
> for the video.  I do know that it's capable of running 800x600 in 16bit
> color (not sure about refresh rate).  Isn't there a simpler way than running
> the xf86config script to setup the Xserver?  I seem to remember something
> that detected all that for you.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Could someone help me out
> here?
>
> Brian
> bmorgan@greenville.edu

You don't say which laptop you're using. If it's the Toshiba 4000CDT or similar,
have a look at my website, where I've listed my experience of installing Linux
on this machine.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)