Lilo corrupted double-spaced Win95 drive

This isn't exactly a Debian question, but maybe you can help.

First off, DOH!

Secondly, I've got two drives in my box; the master is running Win95 and is
apparently double-spaced. I know, I know, doublespace is just asking for
trouble, but it was the only option I had for more drive space.

I had forgotten the drive was doublespaced.

I installed potato on the second drive, and then decided to install lilo.
The first time around, lilo gave me the message that my BIOS might not boot
from the second drive. I said "OK" and continued on. Upon reboot, Win95
came up just fine, but I never got a LILO prompt.

So I went back and reconfigured lilo.conf so that one or two of the lines
that were referring to hdb1 now referred to hda1. (I don't have the
computer or files at hand right now.) I think it was either/both/allthree
the boot= line and/or the install= line and/or the root= line.

Upon reboot, lilo came up and gave me my options of linux or Win95, and
linux starts just fine. Win95 however does a repeating "Loading Windows,
LILO, Loading Windows, LILO ....".

When I try to mount the Win partition in Linux, it says there's no msdos
type or vfat type partitions. About this time I start remembering that
maybe the Win drive is double-spaced.

So I boot off a Win95 floppy and try to access the C: drive and get an
"Invalid media type" error. I run Win95's fdisk and it reports the
partition as UNKNOWN. "Great," I think, "just great!"

Does anyone know how I can recover my Win95 partition so my family can have
their toy back?

Thanks.