Re: UML Software for Linux

Mamoun Alissali wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   I'd like to know if there is any (free) software for UML under Linux.
> For
> the moment I'm using a commercial software under Windows.

There is an application called Dia at the following web address:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/dia.html

Here is a brief description from the web page:

Welcome to Dia's homepage. Dia is a gtk+ based diagram creation
program released under the GPL license.

Dia is designed to be much like the commercial Windows program
'Visio'. It can be used to draw different kind of diagrams. In
this
first version there is support for UML static structure diagrams
(class diagrams) and Network diagrams. It can currently load and
save diagrams to a custom fileformat and export to postscript.

This program is in an early state, but parts of it is usable.
Please try it out and tell me what you think of it. Check out
the code
too, you might even want to contribute...

--
John Stevenson, Objective Alliance: www.oa.nl
"Its grip'd, its sorted.."