Re: mount problems

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 05:55:11PM -0500, Bob Hilliard wrote (in part):
>      sudo mount /dev/hda4 or sudo mount /dev/rex
> I get the response mount: /dev/hda4 already mounted or /rex busy.
> However, df, mount and /mtab all show that /dev/hda4 is not mounted.

Try "fuser -v /rex".  I can reproduce your result by making a directory
current in a shell and then issuing the mount command for it.  This can
also happen if the directory is current for the file manager in a tool
such as Star Office or WordPerfect.

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis		mailto:toumi01@cai.com
Ingres Product Development