Re: gcc vs egcs

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 11:16:32 +0100, Conrado Badenas wrote:
> What "egcs" means?

It used to mean Experimental GCC Compiler Suite, though AFAIK it's not
expanded anywhere on the EGCS website (http://egcs.cygnus.com) anymore.

See http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#gcc-2-diff

> Should I install egcs-doc and read the docs?

They perform the same function as gcc-docs for gcc: document the compiler.
They do not address the history of the project, current development etc.
much (if at all).

HTH,
Ray
--