Thanks/Re: emergency disk/mounting files

Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, KTB wrote:
>
> > I don't know that I can explain it very well but I'm booting to begin
> > with from the rescue disk.  When "boot:" comes up I type "linux
> > init=/bin/sh" There is no color screen I'm not sure what a mono screen
> > is.  I just get the regular non-X screen.  I tried "mount -o remount, rw
> > /" and got the following error:  EXT2 warning: maximal mount count
> > reached, running e2fsck is recommended mount: warning: cannot change
> > mounted device with a remount
>
> [ all kinds of other helpful info snipped ]
>
> Ok, I have a feeling you are booting from your harddrive still, but not
> into multi-user mode because the / partition is your harddrive, not the
> floppy.  You should get a decent result if you type:  "linux 1" at the
> lilo prompt.

This worked!!  Thank you very much, I was beginning to get worried.  I have everything
back to normal now on the Linux side:)  I've learned a lot from this little foray
into  /etc/X11/XF86Config  but one of the things is I had forgotten was how annoying
windows 95 can be.  I kept getting these mini crashes and freeze ups.  Copy and paste
takes more steps.  I won't go on.
Thanks,
Kent