NFS and Solaris 2.5

I am running a Debian 2.0 on a i686. It functions as an NFS server to
a number of other Debian i686 machines and a SPARC Solaris 2.5 machine.
I think the SPARC is crashing the nfsd on the Debian server and it
typically occurs when I copy very large files to the NFS FS from a
local FS on the SPARC machine. Usually the situation can be solved by
restarting /etc/init/netstd_nfs.

I have been in contact with other users who have this identical problem
on identical machines.

Typical log entries in the NFS server daemon.log:

Jan 19 12:55:34 bermuda nfsd[4788]: strange write req from hawaii.ucd.ie: count
4294967295 len 4294967295
Jan 19 12:56:31 bermuda nfsd[6100]: non-standard errno: 14 (Bad address)

I am using the following package versions:

ii  netbase         3.11-1         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries
ii  netstd          3.07-2hamm.2   Networking binaries and daemons for Linux

Matt
--
Matt Delaney

e-mail: mdelaney@bermuda.ucd.ie