Re: Debian/Caldera/RedHat

<<The dselect method of package selection is a
bit cumbersome, but only because of increasingly large number of packages
available. >>

One little trick I've begun using to get around the cumbersomeness of
dselect is to use it to select new packages, but then to install those
packages manually. That way, it tells me about all dependencies and I can
make a list of needed packages. Then I simply go into the CD and dpkg -i
all of those packages by hand -- and if one depends on another, install
the dependable package first. That way, I don't have to wait an hour for
dpkg -iGROEB or whatever it is to go through every one of my packages.

shawn_harrison@tyndale.com