Re: AMD K6-2 / Bogomips problem

On 17-Jan-99, Marcus Brinkmann took time to write :
> On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 03:34:42PM +0100, pat@patoche.org wrote:
>>
>> besides the fact it seems outdated (1997-12-13), it says like me:
>>   AMD K5/K6              clock * (2.00  plusminus 0.010)   11.1
>>
>> and it lists K6 at 166Mhz having already ~330Bogomips !
>>
>> so my AMD K6-2 at 350Mhz should have 700Bogomips isn't it ?
>
> I don't know what -2 means at K6-2.

it's the new generation of K6 chips. also known as K6-3D

>> so next part of my question:
>> what should i check ? bios settings ?
>> (the howto is not precise enough imho)
>
> Quote from the howto:
>      Many CPUs are prone to faulty setups of
>
>   ·  memory cache setting (write-back is wrong for BogoMips, often
>      reported lower than 5; write-through is ok)

less than clear to me....

>   ·  turbo-buttons (should be ON)

in these days i rarely found units with turbo buttons anymore

>   ·  BIOS-software emulated fake cache (change it for real cache)
>
>   ·  similar cache and clock related things.

yeah... but 'similar' doesn't tell me where to start searching...

Thanks for your help,
but besides the bios to check - and i'm not very optimistic with that, will
see tomorrow - , i don't see anything to do... bad !

Patrick