Re: RH vs Debian (Switch to Red Hat ?)

shaulk@netvision.net.il (shaul) writes:

> There is the difficulty that Debian is an organization that is based on
> volunteers, where RH is a registered company. So managements tend to
> see RH as much more solid and stable organization then Debian.

No doubt you are true about that, but I've never completely understood
why managements think that way.

A registered company can quit business, go broke, or simply decide to
skip the product.

A volunteer effort of individuals spread out over the internet is
unstoppable as long as anyone, anywhere, thinks the product should
live on.

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm