Re: Mathematics 3.0 and Debian 2.0

Hi,

> I am having a lot of trouble getting Mathematica 3.0 to work under
> Debian 2.0. I have installed it in the past on both Slakware and
> RedHat systems and have never had problems before, so I am a little
> confused as to what could be going wrong.

I don't have Mathematica so I'm not sure how much I can help you,
except to say, that if it works under RedHat, then it should be
possible to get it working under Debian.

At a guess, I would say the problem might be with the libraries used.
Is it possible to find out what libraries are used when installed on a
RedHat system?  Ie, do a
       ldd <whatever the mathematica executable is>
and compare it with your system.

Also, do they have any help at their web site?

Sorry I don't know more than this,

Cheers,

Mark.