Re: LILO's now working(thanks!), BUT...

At 05:36 PM 1/14/1999 -0600, Kent West wrote:
>Wait. Weren't both drives working before you ran LILO? If so, then the
>master/slave jumper should be okay. Above you say you "do have such a
>configuration". Do you mean you have an overlay, or do you mean you've "got
>2 drives, on primary and secondary IDE's. And drive 1, /dev/hda, > holds
>>Windows, and /dev/hdb, drive 2, holds Linux..."?
>
>If you've got an overlay, LILO wiped it out and it will have to be
reinstalled.

After reading other posts, I've realized you have SCSI disks, not IDE, so
that eliminates the master/slave settings. I also thought the linux side
was working but the Windows side no longer was recognizable (which again
indicates to me an overlay problem). However, I'm just confused enough now
that it might be best if you start from scratch with a description of your
problem and how you got to this point and what type of hardware setup you
have, all in one posting where we can see it all at once.