Re: SMS messges to GSM mobile phones/pagers with sms_client 2.05 and libmodem 1.0.0

Frankie wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to be able to send Short Messages to my girlfriends mobile phone.
> I couldn't find anything useful in dselect, so I searched the net.
>
> I found one program, at  http://www.styx.demon.co.uk  and downloaded the
> source and compiled it (sms_client 2.05, libmodem 1.0.0 with the patch).

I have used Ypas to send Short Messages. yaps.lsm says

Begin3
Title:          yaps
Version:        0.96
Entered-date:   14JUN97
                devices over a modem gateway using well defined
protocols.
Author:         ud@nitmar.tnet.de (Ulrich Dessauer)
Maintained-by:  ud@nitmar.tnet.de (Ulrich Dessauer)
Primary-site:   ftp.sta.com /pub/fk/yaps
                91k yaps-0.96.tar.gz
                725 yaps.lsm
Alternate-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/apps/serialcomm/machines/
                91k yaps-0.96.tar.gz
                725 yaps.lsm
Platforms:      Linux, Solaris, SunOS and modem (or modem like device,
                e.g. ISDN) optional SLang V99.38, Lua-2.5
Copying-policy: GPL
End

So as you can see, it's ment for sending pager messages, but works
also for SMS. Don't know wich protocol your you need to use. I'm
using ucp and that works perfectly for me.

Maybe you wan't to try yaps if you don't have any luck with
sms_client.

Cheers,
--
tav@iki.fi				http://www.iki.fi/tav/prudence/

This door is baroquen, please wiggle Handel.
(If I wiggle Handel, will it wiggle Bach?)
      -- Found on a door in the MSU music building