Re: jdk1.2 as .deb package?

On 13 Jan 1999, Dale E. Martin wrote:

> "Thomas Gebhardt" <gebhardt@HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE> writes:
>
> > is there a jdk1.2 .deb package available somewhere? Or is
> > somebody working on it?
>
> Do you know that it's available for Linux?  Last time I looked, the
> official release was only available for Windows - not even Solaris,
> yet.  That's been a few weeks, so I could easily have outdated info.
	1.2 is not available for Linux as of this moment.  Here's what
blackdown has to say about it
JDK 1.2

      The system is running on x86 and PowerPC, with ports underway to
      SparcLinux and some other processors. Currently it's native threads
      only. Before we can release, we have to make sure that it passes the
      tests in the Java Compatibility Kit. I think we should be ready to
      release in less than a month from now, and hopefully much sooner.

	AFAIK www.blackdown.org/java-linux/ is the main source for
linux-java info and ports.  Hope this helps :>