Re: RH vs Debian (Switch to Red Hat ?)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Wayne Cuddy wrote:

My .02 worth. There were a couple of times when I was in school that I
needed a system up RIGHT NOW (after buying a new computer etc...). For
this RedHat is hard to beat. However, the $50.00 hit for each upgrade
is a drag. I recently gave Suse 5.3 a try. Not too impressive. The DOS
style screens gave me the creeps.  Slack 3.5 left me with the same
feelings. If I want to see programs compile I will go to work. Once you
get use to having some kind of package management system it is hard to go
back. Now I am ready to give Deb a try.

-Dan