Re: RH vs Debian (Switch to Red Hat ?)

I used RedHat through version 5.1 before switching to Debian.  Here are a few
of the reason I stuck with Debian and continue to do so.

	- More packages distributed with the base system.
	- I believe the dpkg package management is much better than RedHat
	  (especially for developing packages on a production system)
	- Debian strictly adheres to a well defined set of rules for
	  filesystem layout in relation where packages keep configuration
	  files, libraries and executables... etc...
	- Debian always seems to have less errata and corrections per
	  distribution, Redhat has gotten much better in this area
	- I much prefer the Debian way of configuring packages usually at
	  package install time via the scripts built into the package.  Debian
	  makes it easier for the seasoned Linux user to configure the system
	  using non-gui based methods, which is a plus for me as I manage some
	  systems remotely.  Linux conf is supposed to handle this sort of
	  thing but I am not to pleased it.

    I have yet to figure out what Redhat offers me that Debian does not.

My humble opinion:)