Re: resolv.conf problems

Hi, Daniel!

It's indeed is a strange problem.  You may try a few things:

1. One you boot, can you ping computer on the same local network, just using
it's numerical IP address?
2. Can you ping computer outside of your local network using it's numerical IP
address?
3. Can you ping DNS server using it's numerical IP address?

This way you can check that your network card is initialized and your gateways
and local network are configured right.  My thought here (likely to be wrong)
is that it could be the case that somehow your /etc/inet.d/network is called
before your network hardware is actually initialized.  Have a look in boot
messages.

Sasha.