Adaptec 2940U2W not recognized during installation

I have an Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI controller.  During the intital
installation procedure debian can't seem to find it.  I know it works
with Linux because I did have RedHat 5.2 running on it.  I tried
passing the following boot parameters but to no avail:

boot: aha2940=2800h, 07, scsi-06, disconnect

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx in advance

Jim

===

The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with
another must
wait till that other is ready.
-- Thoreau