Re: Adaptec 2940U2W not recognized during installation

I have the same controller, and I had to download a boot disk compiled
specifically for the 2940.  You can get it at
http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/

You may also run into trouble compiling your own kernel.  You just need to
apply a patch to the drivers which can be found at
ftp://ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx
That address is in the file linux/drivers/scsi/README.aic7xxx including in
the kernel source.

Good luck.