Re: SoundBlaster Vibra 16 jumperless card under Linux

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 05:28:28AM -0800, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> This one has got me beat, and I'm hoping someone in debian-land might be
> able to help me out.
>
> I got a vibra 16 card (soundblaster) from a friend, but it didn't come
> with any driver disks or anything like that. Unfortunately it is a
> jumperless card, and I have no way of setting the IRQs and DMAs under
> linux (or even finding out what they are) so I can set it up to run
> under Linux.

Can you detect your card using pnpdump?

eg.

# pnpdump|grep ANSI
ANSI string -->Creative SB AWE64 PnP<--
    ANSI string -->Audio<--
    ANSI string -->Game<--
    ANSI string -->WaveTable<--

If your card is soundblaster compatible, you should be able to
use it using the standard sb module (from recent 2.1.* kernels).

If your card is not pnp you can try using the 'default' IRQ and
DMA settings: irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5

-Michele