SoundBlaster Vibra 16 jumperless card under Linux

If this is an isa card, then use the isapnp package to set up the
card.  See the sound how_to.

  From:
        Damon Muller <damon@empire.net.au>

Hi folks,

This one has got me beat, and I'm hoping someone in debian-land might be
able to help me out.

I got a vibra 16 card (soundblaster) from a friend, but it didn't come
with any driver disks or anything like that. Unfortunately it is a
jumperless card, and I have no way of setting the IRQs and DMAs under
linux (or even finding out what they are) so I can set it up to run
under Linux.

I went to the creative web site and downloaded the dos/win31 drivers,
thinking this would solve my problem. Not so! It refuses to install the
dos configuration programs under win98 dos... My linux box only has
linux on it, so I can't just boot it to dos, and the install program
doesn't like working under DOSEmu.

So, at the moment, I seem to be a little stuck. I'm thinking maybe if I
can get hold of the program to set up the board under DOS, I can boot
linux with a dos boot disk, and set it up from there. The zip from
creative contains it, but it's compressed, and only the install program
can uninstall it.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Any suggestions are more
than welcome.

thanks,

damon