Re: Xfree86 3.3.3 for next Debian release or sooner?

> > Just wondering if XFree86 3.3.3 is being considered for the next release
> > (2.2) or not... I would really like to have XF86 3.3.3 since it contains an
> > X-server for the Riva TNT chipset.

> Yes, as soon as Branden is done with the X in frozen(slink), he will start
> working on 3.3.3 for unstable(potato).

In the meantime, you can drop the binaries of the server into place in
a 3.3.2 installation.  I just dropped the SVGA_Server file onto my
desktop, hoping it will stop the crashes on my screwball card (they
only happen on some realvideo feeds, but the trial is coming up.)

So far, it's working, but i'll need to wait for a heavily loaded
server to see if it solves the problem.  And it didn't solve the
artifacts in 16bpp, but they might be better now . . .