Re: A couple of simple questions... I think

On Sat, Jan 09, 1999 at 06:14:01PM +0800, Chad A. Adlawan wrote:
|>1) I got Netscape 4.5 installed on my system... If I login as ROOT, I am
|>not able to run Netscape... What do I do??
|
|cookies are sent to you as you browse thru diff websites and are saved in ur home directory, and you wouldnt want someone to send you .bash_profile w/ some crazy lines on it ... that is why netscape will not let you run it as root, (i think, just a theoy anyway) ... this is also the same reason it is a very bad idea to irc as root (while ur client is set to auto_dcc_get on) .

I don't think this is the reason. Cookies are stored in ~/.netscape/cookies
only. And the server can't send you a .bash_profile as a cookie.

--
Rgds,         [ E-mail: hajime@asunaro.ml.org / ICQ UIN: C30E6 ]
Anthony.      [ http://icqtrack.hk.st -- Track your ICQ friend ]