Re: A couple of simple questions... I think

cookies are sent to you as you browse thru diff websites and are saved in ur home directory

On 1/9/99, at 12:56 AM, Brant Wells wrote:

>Howdy All...
>
>1) I got Netscape 4.5 installed on my system... If I login as ROOT, I am
>not able to run Netscape... What do I do??

cookies are sent to you as you browse thru diff websites and are saved in ur home directory, and you wouldnt want someone to send you .bash_profile w/ some crazy lines on it ... that is why netscape will not let you run it as root, (i think, just a theoy anyway) ... this is also the same reason it is a very bad idea to irc as root (while ur client is set to auto_dcc_get on) .

>2) I've need to print to a printer that is shared on a WinNT 4.0
>machine... as \\DAHOUSE\HPDESKJE  how do I set that up in Linux?

i know nothing about NT printing, sorry