Re: XDM

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> My last question/issue/problem is I didn't answer "yes" to making XDM the
> default logon prompt, therefore one must sign onto the box in text mode,
> then type "XDM" then sign on again.  The first signon must be root.
>
> Is there anyway of changing this as to make the box ALWAYS come up with XDM
> as the default logon ?
>
> I kinda like single sign on :)

Go to /etc/X11/config and uncomment the last line that says
#start-xdm

This will automaticly start xdm on the login.
Also, make sure that there is a symbolic link to execute xdm
in /etc/rcX.d , where X is a runlevel number.
(link should be present in all of them and look like this
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           13 Nov  1 17:25 S99xdm ->
../init.d/xdm)
Andrew