Re: XDM

Hi!

> On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Frederic Breitwieser wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > My last question/issue/problem is I didn't answer "yes" to making XDM the
> > default logon prompt, therefore one must sign onto the box in text mode,
> > then type "XDM" then sign on again.  The first signon must be root.
> >
> > Is there anyway of changing this as to make the box ALWAYS come up with XDM
> > as the default logon ?
> >
> > I kinda like single sign on :)
>
> Go to /etc/X11/config and uncomment the last line that says
> #start-xdm
>
> This will automaticly start xdm on the login.
> Also, make sure that there is a symbolic link to execute xdm
> in /etc/rcX.d , where X is a runlevel number.
> (link should be present in all of them and look like this
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           13 Nov  1 17:25 S99xdm ->
> ../init.d/xdm)
> Andrew

and don´t forget to comment the no-start-xdm line, if there´s any

and no, this doesn´t affect telnetting to your box

peter

--
until next mail ;)             . ___ ---___              .--.
     ||  |                 `.   www.debian.org  /     '      .\.
      |   | artosch                                  |   ..    .\.
       student of technical computer science       \.. \____\   /
  university of applied sciences krefeld (germany)  \__/     \_/