RE: Switch to Red Hat?

I would say don't do it. I switched to Red Hat for this reason and it the
biggest regret of my linux life! Red Hat ran slower in everything on my
sytstem.
The installition is very simple but it make admin task very complex (without
using the graphical interfaces). The structure of the file system is
different and very annoying to me. The Red hat dist also make dependencies
that don't exist in Debian. For example, xdm is dependent upon xbanner. The
system also becomes bloated. I have a 250 MHD, withRed Hat I had 10M free
after the basic X Red Hat install. With Debian, I had near 100M and had X
tons of other stuff. Debian RULES!!!

Rod....