Hamm to Kernel 2.2.0
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Hamm to Kernel 2.2.0
- From: Ruud de Bruin <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 19:01:21 +0100 (CET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.990107185643.23497A-100000@willow>
I've downloaded yesterday from an Debbian mirror in the US a 2.2.0-pre1
kernel for Debian in .deb format. I've installed the kernel with dpkg to
give it a try.
The system booted up, but I've received a number of errors.
a) It seems that the initailisation of the COM ports is changed. I saw a
message during boot that something was wrong.
b) I could not find a way to access my ZIP drive (parallel). It seems that
ppa is not present anymore(?)
What changes should I made to a "standard" Hamm 2.03 system so I am able
to use a 2.2.0(Pre) kernel?
Next time you wave, use all your fingers.