RE: Fortran 90 to C or Fortran 90 to Fortran 77 translator

Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira writes:
 >     Hi Debian users,
 >     anyone knows if exists a translator from Fortran90 to C or Fortran90
 > to Fortran77.
 >     I'm very interested in a program like this.
 >     Have a nice day,        Paulo Henrique
 >

 > --

The answer is no and yes.

There is no free Fortran 90 native compiler. There is no free Fortan 90
translator (free here stands for free software/Open source).

You can get a free for non-commercial use Fortran 90 to g77 translator. It
misses some Fortarn 90 features, but you can manage without them. The address
is http://www.psrv.com/ (there you can find free for non-commercial use HPF to
g77 translator (two processor only) too).

There's also a free F compiler (F is a subset of Fortran 90). I don't use it
since it prevents me to link with FORTRAN 77 code. Take a look at:
http://www.imagine1.com/imagine1.

If you are interested in scientifc applications for Linux take a look at SAL,
it is a page that tries to gather information of scientifc applications under
Linux. It is on http://SAL.KachinaTech.COM/index.shtml.

Good Luck.

Paulo.

PS: Foi em inglês de novo...