Re: Help

On Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 14:05:14 +0100, John Stevenson wrote:
> Edmund Adjei wrote:
> > destribution of the Linux OS. I want to first know if there is a latest
> > version of the Debian package, and whether my Graphik card SiS 6326
> > would be supported.
>
> Can you give more details about your video card, like the full name of the
> card and manufacture, and the chipset it uses if you know it.

"SiS 6326" _is_ a chipset. Support for it is new in XFree86-3.3.3;
unforunately for Edmund, Debian 2.1 will most likely still ship with 3.3.2.2 .

IIRC, there are 3.3.3 packages available from Debian-JP
(http://www.debian.or.jp/), and Branden Robinson (our X maintainer) recently
posted information on how to install the 3.3.3 server by hand in such a way
as not to conflict with the regular X packages.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.