Re: Help

Edmund Adjei wrote:

> I am a foreign student in Germany, and have decided on buying the Debian
> destribution of the Linux OS. I want to first know if there is a latest
> version
> of the Debian package, and whether my Graphik card SiS 6326 would be
> supported.

Can you give more details about your video card, like the full
name of the card and manufacture, and the chipset it uses if you
know it.

>From the Debian Web site, Release info:

Debian version 2.2 (Nickname: potato)

       estimated release - April 1999
       Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS)
       PAM integration
       Apt (part 3), the new front end to the package management
system (dpkg)
       first public release for powerpc architecture
       perl 5.005 and ncurses
       other goals to be decided

Debian version 2.1 (Nickname: slink)

       estimated release - January 1999
       Apt (part 1), the new backend to dselect for easy net
package retrieval
       Apt (part 2), the new commandline for intellegent
upgrades/installs
       first public release for sparc and alpha architectures

Debian version 2.0 (Nickname: hamm)

       released - 24 July 1998
       based on libc6 (all libraries compiled using
-D_REENTRANT)
       X 3.3.2.2
       Linux kernel 2.0.34
       Gimp 1.0
       Apache 1.3.0
       first public release for m68k architecture

--
John Stevenson, Objective Alliance: www.oa.nl
"Its grip'd, its sorted.."