Re: cdrom

Rahsheen Porter wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 08:35:26PM +0000, ktb wrote:
> > > On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 08:24:59PM +0000, ktb wrote:
> >
> > This is what I get when I tried both programs:
> >
> > $ xmixer
> > xmixer: Can't open /dev/mixer: Operation not supported by device
> > $ aumix
> > aumix: error opening /dev/mixer.
>
> Does that device exist? What are you using for sound? Modules?
> Are they loaded? Is your sound configured properly to begin with?
>
> --

The device exists.
$ locate /dev/mixer
/dev/mixer
/dev/mixer1

What do you mean by, "What are you using for sound?"

How do you find out if you have Moduals and whether or not they are loaded?

I have sound when I make an error with the keyboard (a beep) it comes through my
speakers so  something must be configured right.  ??????????
Thanks,
Kent