Re: supported hardware

*- F Bonte wrote about "supported hardware"
> Dear sir,
> I just bought two distributions of Linux ( SuSe and Redhat) they bought don't support my hardware. I would like to check if debian can help me out. If so I will be happy to download the distribution or buy it from a reseller.
>
> VideoCard is a Diamon Fire GL 1000 PRO ( permedia 2 chipset) on agp
> Mouse is a intellimouse ( on PS/2)
> CD-rom is atapi
> HD is a WDC caviar on extended IDE
>

> thanks
> Frits Bonte
> F.Bonte@glo.be

Hardware support is mostly a kernel issue not a distribution issue.
However the hardware you list is all supported.  The Diamond Fire GL
1000 PRO is supported under X by the XF86_3DLabs Xfree86 server.  I
don't think this server driver is in the X packages v3.3.2.3 that are
currently available with any of Debian's distributions(stable, frozen,
unstable). But you can download the XF86_3DLabs binary from the
ftp.xfree86.org and use it until Debian's X packages are upgraded to
v3.3.3(after Debian 2.1 is released), the detail of this can be found
at, http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-9812/msg03370.html.

Good luck,
--
Brian