Re: Modem trouble, Please help!!

"BOHICA" <COfrog@toast.net> writes:

> The  final resolution was to install the 2.1 base disks with the 2.0 rescue
> and driver floppies, download the latest kernel and use a linux/bash
> emulator on my NT desktop to build a custom compilation of the kernel that
> included the needed Xircom support.

Is this mentioned anywhere in the documentation?

It seems that it's possible to compile vmlinuz under WinNT or Win9x
using CygWin, although 2.0.x won't work properly because of the
version of egcs they use.  This could help people with strange
combinations of hardware that can't get any of the supplied kernel
images to work.

		  Larry froze.  Was the bag a trap?
  He could see the way in, but the other end appeared to be sealed.