Re: consdiag v 1.0 released

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:

> hello,
>
> I've just finished my project "consdiag", it can be found in
> http://www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina/texpython.htm
>
> It's a utility that makes Rumbaugh OO boxes in LaTeX, something
> pretty useful for many computer science students.
>
> I do want to several things:
> - Please tell me if this utility is also useful for you
> - if so tell me how to debianize it , or much better, debianize it
> for me, although I'm not very sure of the process, because it's not
> a C program , just interpreted python code , with a bit of documentation
> - please, tell me if you can include it in the debian CDROM, I'd
> be greatly honoured !
>
> Please, if you know any other utility of this kind tell me, I need
> them !
>
> Data: I currently run RH 4.2 , with lots of libraries of Debian 2.0
> Hamm , because gimp required them. It'd be great if a REDHAT2DEBIAN-HOWTO
> existed.

   The "alien" package (which is packaged for Debian) can convert between *rpm
and *deb formats.

   I know I've seen instructions on how to convert a RedHat system to Debian,
but I just checked the web site and couldn't find them.  It's certainly
possible, and yes, I agree this is something that needs to be publicly
documented.  Perhaps someone else can contribute a URL.

--
 Regards,                | Debian GNU/ __      o http://www.debian.org