Re: The Status Of Slink

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Allan Bart wrote:

> I am planning to put together another debian based system, I was
> wondering if I should wait until the 2.1 version is available or will
> it really be that easy to upgrade from hamm?

Slink is pretty darn stable right now.  I need to get a look at the
release critical bug list to get an idea of exactly how far we are.
However, the 2.1.4 install disks are pretty good (may still be in
incoming, mirrored on llug.sep.bnl.gov).  There are only some cosmetic
changes that are needed as far as I can tell.  However, if you want to use
hamm, I've also heard the upgrade is going well, it just means downloading
twice.

Good luck, let me know if you have any problems,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |