NFS mounted /home area from SGI computer, good idea?

Hi,

We would like setup 4-5 Debian boxes to be X-terminals.  We plan to have 20-30
users on them.  Having quite limited system management resources we don't want
to backup user areas on those boxes.  So we plan to NFS mount /home area from
another cluster (it's a big SCSI backed up disk from large SGI IRIX5
computer), so when user login into Debian box, he will see his usual /home
area from a larger computer, with his mails, code and so on.

So far it seems to me like a nice idea, I think I know how to organize it, but
I don't know how good this idea actually is?  SGI disk on Linux computer...
Are there any traps in doing that?

Thank you,
Sasha.