Re: Installation on Toshiba 330CDT laptop

Hello,

I used to have Debian 1.3..r8 installed okay on my Toshiba 460cdt laptop, once I
figured how to do it correctly.

You have to make sure that you use both the Tecra 'Rescue' and 'Drivers' floppies
otherwise the install will fail.

If you are installing from a cd then you will have to select the alternative tecra
installs both when you are installing the kernel and when you are installing the
drivers.  So for Toshibas dont just hit return when prompted.

If you are still having problems the email me directly (I only read the group every
few weeks) and I will elaborate...

FYI: I am now running Debian Linux 'Hamm' on a Dell Inspiron 3200 and appart from
having to dig around for an alternative X server, everything is working very nicely.

bye...
John.